Saturday, June 25, 2016

Indiana in the pool!


Today was a cloudy and relatively cool day! Something that seems rare lately. We're in the throes of summer and it is honestly my least favorite time of the year. Even though I've lived in Texas my whole life, I've never gotten used to the summers. I hate the heat! And the harsh sun! And it's even harder with a baby, who is the only person on the planet paler than me. But summer means swimming and today was nice! So we decided to take Indiana for her first swim, since she seems to be a fan of water. And she liked it! I think? She got tired pretty fast (we were approaching nap time), but she kicked her little legs and was smiling so I'm taking this as a win. And I over documented, as usual. 


Clearly on the fence about the whole thing at first.





She cracks me up with that squishy face. And all her extra sun protection! Long sleeves and a hat... she's like a little old woman. But better safe than sorry, right?





Love love love that baby.

It's crazy that babies just sorta know what to do in the water. I put her on her tummy and she just started kicking away. They're full of surprises. I hope this is the start of a love of water for her. We were going to do baby swim lessons this summer but you have to be six months+ and she turns six months in the middle of the last session. Figures! Next year for sure though. I want my baby to be a fish! And as safe as possible in water!!!!!! I'm gonna be that mom who wraps her kid in 1000 floaties.

No comments:

Post a Comment