Monday, November 3, 2014

Texas Renaissance Festival 2014


A couple weekends ago (on a whim, as you do) we hit up the Texas Renaissance Festival! This was our second time going, we went a few years ago, and again we had a blast. I love how into it everyone gets. The costumes were amazing and endlessly entertaining. Prime people watching. So much middle aged tomfoolery.

We went on a Saturday, after getting up at 6am to run seven miles. Because we're crazy. By the end we were exhausted. It's about a two and a half hour drive and we just went for the day. I was ready for bed when we got home to say the least.

We went on "All Hallow's Eve" weekend, which was obviously, Halloween themed. We went as a Renaissance witch and wizard, and I whipped our costumes up just a few days before. It was an intense few days of a sewing. My costume was really easy, Brendon's on the other hand took some work. SO much trim. But it came out great and is probably the most well made thing I've sewn!





I got henna as a souvenir (which was soooo well done, it's still faintly showing on my hand!) and boy wonder got his very own wand. He's the cutest thing ever.













Grainiest photo ever of us attempting to stay awake while waiting for the fireworks show. We ending up bailing and heading home early. Sleepy heads were we!

We had a blast. Ready to go again next year! I think I'm going to make me a princess costume next time. Complete with tiara. Because when else in your life do you get to be a princess??

No comments:

Post a Comment