Sunday, November 2, 2014

Hogan Halloween Selfies

I don't know how this happened. Really. We watch the same Halloween movies every year, it's tradition. But this year after we watched the Addams Family I was like, "HEY, what if..." and this string of very intense selfies happened.

If you know me at all you know that I love dressing up. Any excuse to get into costume, I'm in. Also, I LOVE HALLOWEEN. So this was a blast for me. The challenge of making ourselves into other people was so so fun. I mean, the hair and makeup!! Yes! I got very good at shortening my hair and making my eyes look huge. Brendon enjoyed it all too? I think? Anyway, the man gets mad props for sticking it out and letting me put makeup all over him.

We spent $3 on this entire thing, and it was on three tubes of face paint from HEB. Because I just don't have white face paint in my arsenal. Everything else was just stuff we had. We made/found all the props and the costumes are just clothes thrown together. Most of the time, we were wearing shorts or pj's underneath everything and the backs of the costumes were held together by bag clips. Throwing everything together took like max, 30 minutes. Some were easier than others obviously. But anyways, here they all are, all together! And I got a new phone about half way through so pardon the quality difference.


The Addams Family, Morticia and Gomez Addams. The one that started it all! Yes, I realize the rose should be cut off and that was originally the plan, but my scissors weren't cute enough for the photo.


Ghostbusters, Dana Barrett and Dr. Peter Venkman. I am wearing a piece of fabric. Keeping that fabric situated correctly was the biggest challenge of this one.


Rocky Horror Picture Show, Brad and Janet. So scandalous! I tried to convince Brendon to be Dr. Frank-N-Furter, but nope.


The Corpse Bride, the Corpse Bride and Victor. OOOOO, the makeup was so fun for this one.


Sleepy Hollow, Katrina Von Tassel and Ichabod Crane. Easily the most obscure. I love this movie, but I guess it's not a "classic" Halloween film. But I mean, it's a Tim Burton movie! With Johnny Depp! So Halloween.


The Shining, Wendy and Jack Torrance. This one was real fun. The outtakes are amazing, we look so foolish.


Casper, Kat Harvey and Casper. Hands down, the least flattering for me and the easiest for Brendon. Attempting to make yourself look like a 90's teenager... it's not a good look for anyone. I die every time I look at that giant Brendon-Casper though.


Young Frankenstein, Igor (EYE-gor) and Dr. Frankenstein. Up there with the Shining, taking this one was so much fun. Lots of laughing involved. I'm definitely wearing a bathrobe.


Beetlejuice, Lydia Deetz and Betelguese. Thus begins the insane makeup on Brendon. WHICH WAS SO FUN. And I am very proud of my masking tape jacket.


Hocus Pocus, Winnie Sanderson and Billy Butcherson. This is my favorite Halloween movie, and this was my favorite picture. I'm wearing a sheet.


The Nightmare Before Christmas, Sally and Jack Skellington. Every year I watch the Nightmare Before Christmas on Halloween. It's tradition. It marks the end of spooky October and the beginning of the holiday season! We took each photo after we watched each movie, so Jack and Sally bring up the rear! We needed to Windex our mirror.

So there's that! Proof that you don't have to spend a lot of money on Halloween. Creativity goes a long way, y'all! It was very very fun and although I'm sad it's over, I think my skin is glad. I'm recovering from some terrible makeup inflicted breakouts.

Hope you guys enjoyed this month long ridiculousness. We loved all the support on instagram and Facebook! If no one had enjoyed the first one we wouldn't have done any more! So it's really all y'alls fault. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment