Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Twenty-six

Yesterday was my birthday, y'all! I turned twenty-six! Heading into to those late twenties, how crazy is that?

I had a wonderful day. Really, very, very, wonderful, because of some wonderful people. I had to work, but my sweet coworker had our desk all decorated with birthday goodies (balloons everywhere!) and she had a caffeine free diet coke in my hand before we even turned the lights on. And then my dad surprised me at work with flowers! He drove all the way up to Austin to see me at work. Sweetest thing ever.

My sister and I snuck in a little birthday run (she rocked a 5k! She was all, "ehh I wont be able to run the whole thing", KILLS IT.) and then we hung out at home with Brendon for a bit before it was time to go to dinner. Brendon wouldn't tell me where we were going, but we ended up at Chez Zee (have you been? OMG the dessert!) where a few of our friends and my momma were waiting to surprise me! Sneaky husband of mine. Such a lovely surprise! We ended the night with presents and then we watched Tangled. Because I love Tangled, and my sister had never seen it!

Seriously, such a good birthday. I am really fortunate to have such amazing people in my life who are all so good to me. My family and friends are the greatest and man, that guy I married. He's a good one. He spoils me rotten. My Princess Complex is spiraling out of control.

So far 26 feels just like 25, but I am looking forward to another year of life and the surprises and adventures it will bring! 25 was such a great year, I can only imagine 26 will be as well!

And here are the photos from home. There aren't many, because we have been severely slacking on the photo game lately. Also, I was exhausted. Excuse my sleepy face. And who sits like this?




Julie's signature face. Miley has nothing on this, Julie's been doing it for years. And I leave you with this:


That's a jar of tahini! We'll be making hummus soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment