Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Park City and Bridal Veil Falls


On our third day in Utah we headed to the mountains! We checked out Park City and then drove through the mountains to find Bridal Veil Falls, an excellent recommendation from my step-momma who used to live in the area. Park City is cute, not my favorite mountain town so far (that award goes to Aspen, sorrrrrry I'm fancy!), but still very cute. Lots of shops and restaurants and it's surrounded by skiing. It's on a hill so you're basically always walking uphill or downhill and I carried Indiana the whole time in the ergo so boom, workout!

You'll have to forgive these photos, that mountain sun is insane. Everything is extra contrasty. Also Indiana is mostly hidden in the carrier in all the pictures, WHOOPS.





Indiana snoozed like a champ in the carrier while I struggled up the hills.

After checking out Park City we headed off to find Bridal Veil Falls. It's farther into the mountains which meant that the drive was spectacular. Driving through the mountains is one of my most favorite things to do, ever. You find the coolest stuff, like this awesome lake!


Mountain lakes man... they're hard to beat! Waterfalls are real good too though.


Bridal Veil Falls is on this tiny beat up road off the highway, but dang there were some folks there! So many kids. You can hike pretty far up, but it was towards the end of the day and there was no way Indiana (or I) could have made it without losing it. Plus it was extra steep! So we just admired it from the bottom.






Mountains... waterfalls... a baby and baby daddy... what more do you need in life!? (Chocolate, among other things.)



What a dork! ;) I'm looking at that cold mountain stream and wishing I could stick my feet in it! Texas is unbearably hot. I am beyond ready for fall.

That was our first day in the mountains! Only one more day of vacay left! I feel like blogging these makes the vacation last a little longer. Once it's all blogged it's REALLY over. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment