Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Eve

First and foremost I want to wish all of you a belated happy holiday! Whatever you celebrate and whoever you celebrate with, I wish you nothing but good tidings and warm fuzzy feelings!

We had a wonderful Christmas full of family, food, and love. The festivities started on Christmas Eve. We had Brendon's mom, his little bro, my mom, sister and her boyfriend over that evening for food and some gift opening. Brendon's family opens presents on Christmas Eve and then again on Christmas morning after Santa arrives. So of course we participate! We feasted like kings, although there are no decent pictures of our culinary creations. My mom brought a ham and I made mashed potatoes, green been casserole, rolls, and homemade mac and cheese. There are so many leftovers. And I can't wait to go to town on them.

Let's take a gander around our table..that normally only seats four. Somehow we managed to fit seven people at it. Desk and lawn chairs may have been involved.

 Alex, Julie, Mom!

Mom, Deb, AJ!

AJ, Brendon, and Me! It was a tight squeeze at the table, but we made it work.


 My sister is cute.


Sophie was loving all the extra attention, as much as she pretended to hate it.


 Gettin' ready to throw down on some gifts obviously. AJ was so stoked.


This is what happens when you give your little brother a machine air soft gun. Brotherly love!


AJ was just a teensy bit excited. I was just a teensy bit nervous. "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!"


What a cute man! I cannot express to you the insane amount of sweets we have in our possession post-Christmas. It borders on obscene. And I have no doubt that we will eat them all. I can feel the cavities forming.

Next post, Christmas day! The good thing about having multiple sets of families is multiple Christmas celebrations. And there is never enough Christmas. Although I have to admit, I am worn out. I need just one more day to recuperate before I head back to work. ALAS, I must work tomorrow morning. My next day off is New Years Day, and trust me, I am ready. Sleep, we will reunite again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment