Sunday, October 2, 2011

Secret revealed!

I know the suspense was killing you, so here's what I was making:


A Scottish outfit for Brendon! Yes, that is a kilt. Obviously that shirt I was sporting was not for me. We are going to the Texas Renaissance Festival with my momma in November, so I am making us all costumes! Every weekend has a different theme, and we are going on the "Highland Fling" weekend, so Scots we shall be! Plaid, plaid, plaid!

This was a lot of fun to make, and the pattern was refreshingly easy to understand after the mess with the dirndl. I was nervous about working with plaid and keeping the pattern lined up, but it ended up being really helpful, you've got fabric with built in guidelines! I am also now a pro at pleating. And at fringing. For the edges of the sash and kilt I had to unravel the weave of the fabric by hand to make a fringe. Very tedious, but the end result is neat-o. Making that hat was a lot of fun too, it's like a chef/golfer hybrid.

Lady outfits to come soon! I need to slow my roll or I'll be done with them all far too quickly. I need to make these projects last.

And I leave you with this:

 Sophie loves fabric. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment